TWO men have admitted targeting Declan Donnelly's home while he slept as part of a plot to steal luxury cars worth £750,000.
Police were called to Dec's £5million home in West London on April 6, 2021, but the thieves had already fled empty-handed.
Dec, 47, his wife Ali, 44, and daughter Isla were asleep at the time and were unaware of the raid until they were later told by police.
The TV star, who won an NTA last night, was one of a dozen victims of the plot to steal luxury cars, mainly Range Rovers.
Charlie Kavanagh, 28, and 30-year-old Ryan Crafts were due to stand trial today at Kingston Crown Court over their involvement in the gang.
But they changed their pleas at the last minute and admitted conspiracy to steal the cars.
Her Honour Judge Anne Brown dismissed the jury and bailed the pair ahead of a sentencing date to bet set.
A total of 12 men have already pleaded guilty to a string of offences related to the raids
Police were scrambled to Dec's home after the gang attempted to rip down an iron gate surrounding the house.
The I'm a Celebrity host and wife Ali were said to have been left shaken by the botched robbery.
Most read in Showbiz
TEARS OF JOY
Tears for Jeff Brazier and Sarah Lancashire during emotional NTA Awards
Roxy Horner gives birth as she and Jack Whitehall welcome baby girl
Brit pop star Joe Fagin who wrote famous theme tune dies aged 83
Joe Jonas files for divorce from wife Sophie Turner and hires pitbull attorney
Dec's co-presenter, Ant McPartlin used to live in the same road but moved out after his split from Lisa Armstrong.
Ellis Glynne, Connor Murray, Perry Ogle and Vinothkumar Ratnam all pleaded guilty to conspiracy to steal the cars between January 1 and July 9, 2021.
Glynne, Murray and Ogle also admitted to a second count of conspiracy to burgle.
Oliver Hart and Alfie Chandler have admitted the same charges.
Source: Read Full Article