The winners and laureates were determined in the nominations “Best Director’s Work” and “Best Music Design”
The International Youth Festival of Theatrical Productions “Russian Proscene 2021” was organized on the initiative and with the financial support of the Russian Federation Ministry of Education with the participation of theater groups from 10 countries of the CIS and Europe. The competition stages were held online with the aim of Russian language usage developing, dissemination and promotion as a basis for international dialogue.
The main prize of the competition in “Best Director’s Work” category was given to the director of the theater group “Balaganchik” from Liepaja, Latvia, Yuri Zinoviev, for staging “Something about this and not only” (Journey to Mars in one act) based on the Dmitry Kalinin theatrical piece. The jury appreciated the level of difficulty in a stage choose, the level of understanding and implementation of the idea of a literary work in Russian, the integrity of the artistic style and consistency of the genre, as well as the reflection of characters and images.
- Director Ekaterina Katser-Trokhimenko for staging the play “Snow Maiden” for the group AI-14 of the Vitebsk State College of Culture and Arts, Belarus, based on the work of A.N. Ostrovsky;
- Tamara Frolova for the play “The Adventures of Buratino” based on the play by Alexei Tolstoy for the theater group of the Nottingham Russian School “Teremok”, Great Britain.
The winner of the nomination “The best musical arrangement” is the performance “The Snow Maiden” by the group AI-14 of the Vitebsk State College of Culture and Arts from Belarus based on the work of A.N. Ostrovsky. The jury members noted that the music in the performance works like one of the characters in the fairy tale. All in all, the jury layed on the assessment of the musical solution as a component of the image of the performance, the level of significance of the musical score in the performance and the quality of the musical design of the performance.
- The play “Zephyrian Zhora” by the theater group “ARTiShok” from Kazakhstan (the performance includes songs from the “LampЫ Orchestra” rock group, which were composed by the composer Viktor Kim);
- Performance-improvisation “1+1=1 Andrey Tarkovsky” by young director Mariam Karapetyan for the student theater of the Yerevan State Institute of Theater and Cinema, Armenia. The director’s graduation work stressed out the aim to create a special atmosphere in the performance, a synthesis of theater, cinema and music, which was to become a part of contemporary art.
The International Youth Festival of Theatrical Productions “Russian Proscene 2021” jury is represented by the experienced directors, teachers, actors who considered as the theater community authorities:
- Ruzanna Movsesyan – the Russian Academy of Theater Arts director, acting teacher at the Moscow Art Theater School, laureate of the Star of the Theater award for the Best Play for Children nomination, laureate of the Blue Bird League Moscow Festival of Children’s Performances, laureate of the Audience Award “Through the Eyes of Children “All-Russian festival of theatrical art “Harlequin”;
- Alexey Kolubkov – the Pyotr Fomenko Workshop Theater actor, has over 20 years of the theatrical and film career, he has played in numerous productions based on the works of Russian classics;
- Inna Dunina – actress, director, acting teacher, screenwriter, artistic director of the Attic Theater (since 2014);
- Anna Astashkina – the head of the children’s theater studio “Magic Country”.