DWP offers payments of up to £518 for patients with five medical conditions

  • Bookmark
  • Sign up for the Hot Topics newsletter for hot style and sex tips

    Thank you for subscribing!

    Sign up for the Hot Topics newsletter for hot style and sex tips

    We have more newsletters

    If you're battling any of these conditions, you could qualify for employment and support allowance payments.

    The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has rolled out New Style ESA payments to help those whose health impacts working. It could get you up to £518 per month – and around 1.7million Brits currently receive it.

    So how can you apply? To qualify for ESA, you must have made National Insurance contributions as an employee or while self-employed – typically in the last two to three years.

    READ MORE: Ultra rare 50p coin sells for £2.5k on eBay – and there's only 600 out there

    You can read more lifestyle stories from Daily Star here.

    The government website adds: "You can get New Style ESA on its own or at the same time as Universal Credit. If you apply for and are awarded both benefits, the New Style ESA you are paid will reduce your Universal Credit payment by the same amount.

    "You will not get any New Style ESA if you’re getting Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) from an employer – but you can apply up to 3 months before your SSP ends. If you get New Style ESA, it will be paid as soon as your SSP ends."

    Who can claim New Style ESA payments

    Those who have limited capacity to work (LCW) are typically covered by the payments. These include…

    • Terminal patients with less than 12 months to live
    • Those who have come into contact with infections or contaminations, such as Covid
    • People in hospital or rehab for more than 24 hours
    • Anyone undertaking plasma exchange treatment
    • Patients getting weekly dialysis for chronic kidney failure

    You may also qualify if…

    • You're a cancer patient undertaking chemotherapy or radiotherapy
    • It's difficult to eat or drink
    • You are pregnant or a new mum

    How to claim New Style ESA payments

    Enter your information online if you are putting in an application for yourself. But if you're an appointee applying for someone else, you must call in to the Jobcentre Plus new claims hotline.

    Be ready with the following information…

    • National insurance number
    • Bank details
    • Doctor's name, address and phone number
    • A fit note
    • Details of your current income, where applicable
    • Date your Statutory Sick Pay ends if you're claiming it

    For more information, visit the Government website.

    • Money

    Source: Read Full Article