Amanda Abbington shuts down feud rumours with Gio and says they ‘laugh a lot’
Amanda Abbington’s fiancé, Jonathan Goodwin, does not follow her Strictly Come Dancing partner Giovanni Pernice on Instagram.
The former escapologist currently follows Nikita Kanda’s partner Gorka Marquez, as well as tennis legend Annabel Croft’s partner, Johannes Radebe, on social media.
However, he has yet to press the follow button on the 33-year-old Italian dancer’s Instagram account, and vice versa.
The snub comes after Amanda, 39, was reportedly at loggerheads with Giovanni behind the scenes of Strictly.
It was reported by The Sun that the Sherlock star wasn’t keen on Giovanni’s “militant and aggressive” training tactics.
Read more Aljaz Skorjanec details emotional reunion with Janette Manrara after time apart
Sources claimed that Amanda was “ready to quit” however, the pair attempted to put rumours to bed while appearing on Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two.
During an interview segment, host Janette Manrara asked the duo: “You’re getting along like a house on fire in rehearsals, right?”
The 49-year-old replied and said that they “laugh a lot” behind the scenes and that they are “having a great time”.
Giovanni, who is appearing on his ninth consecutive season of Strictly, also said: “We do have a good time. But at the same time it’s a difficult process.
“Especially for people who have never done Strictly before. I always say it’s a marathon not a sprint.
“The first few weeks, it is difficult. It’s a lot of hours to train, it’s a lot of hours you have to concentrate.”
Layton Williams taken aback by reaction as he goes out for first time ‘in weeks'[LATEST]
Strictly’s Giovanni Pernice and Amanda Abbington look cosy after ‘feud rumours'[VIDEO]
Monty Don and wife were ‘lambs to slaughter’ after almost ‘losing everything'[INSIGHT]
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
In an attempt to further dispel rumours, Giovanni has previously taken to Instagram to tell his one million followers that he was “proud” of his work so far with Amanda.
He also said that he couldn’t wait to show the world “what we have created”.
Following on from Amanda and Giovanni being awarded a staggering 29 points for their Viennese Waltz to ‘Pointless’ by Lewis Capaldi, Jonathan took to social media to praise his wife-to-be.
Posting a picture of Amanda and Giovanni, he wrote to his 57,800 Instagram followers: “Words can’t really express how proud I am of Amanda.
“She is just extraordinary. So beautiful. I know the amount of work this dance took and I’m so so unbelievably proud.”
In the comments section of the wholesome post, one Strictly viewer wrote: “Glad she didn’t give up and quit as rumoured, although I tend to take everything the media spouts as ‘news’ with a pinch of salt. Certainly didn’t look like there were any signs of wanting to quit last night, she danced amazingly.
“Can’t wait to see how she progresses. I have a feeling already she may be in contention for that Glitterball.”
Jonathan himself has replied to the Instagram user’s comment and wrote: “They literally make stuff up.”
In regards to the speculation that Amanda was ready to leave Strictly, the 43-year-old wrote: “Leave trolls under the bridges.”
On Saturday, Amanda and Giovanni are due to dance a Salsa to Oye by Gloria Estefan.
Watch Strictly Come Dancing on BBC One on Saturday at 6:20pm.
Source: Read Full Article