EMMY Awards 2019 is only a few months away, with the annual ceremony, celebrating excellence in primetime programming scheduled for September.
British talent including Killing Eve’s Jodie Comer and Kit Harington of Game of Thrones fame are tipped to win big at the event. Here’s everything you need to know about the awards night.
Who are the nominees for the Emmy Awards 2019?
Actors Ken Jeong and D’Arcy Carden will announce the 2019 nominations live on Tuesday, July 16, 2019.
The pair’s presentation will be streamed live from the Wolf Theatre at the Television Academy's Saban Media Center in North Hollywood via the Emmy website at 8.30am local time.
Television Academy Chairman and CEO Frank Scherma will also be in attendance and said he is “thrilled” to have the two comedians on board.
He enthused: “We are thrilled to have these two comedic talents join us to announce this year's Emmy nominees – programs and individuals whose excellent work is reshaping the television landscape.”
When is the Emmy Awards 2019?
The Emmy Awards 2019 takes place on Monday, September 22, 2019 and this year will be its 71st annual event.
It generally occurs during the second to last Monday of the month, with last year’s ceremony held on Monday, September 17, 2018.
Michael Che and Colin Jost, who co-presented The Weekend Update on Saturday Night Live, hosted the 2018 Emmy Awards.
Meanwhile, actors including Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown, Alec Baldwin and Tracy Morgan handed out awards.
The first round of voting for the 71st Emmy Awards took place on Monday, June 10, 2019 and the final round will be held on Thursday, August 15, 2019.
Where is the Emmy Awards 2019?
The annual event will be held at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, California, where it took place in 2018.
FOX are going to broadcast the show live from the building between 8-11pm (ET timezone) and 5-8pm (PT timezone).
However, no UK channels will be broadcasting the show and there is no streaming service which allows residents in the UK to tune in.
Five facts about the Emmy Awards
- The first Emmys were presented in 1949 at the Hollywood Athletic Club in Los Angeles, where tickets cost just $5.00.
- Ventriloquist Shirley Dinsdale and her sidekick ‘Judy Splinters” won the very first Emmy.
- As few as 47 proposals for the Emmy trophy design were considered by the Television Academy, before Louis MacManus’s creation was chosen.
- The gong takes a staggering five hours to make and is molded and then coated in copper, nickel, silver and gold.
- More than 24,000 voting members make up the Television Academy, which was founded by Syd Cassyd.
Source: Read Full Article