‘MH370 passenger’s final message’ found washed up on island beach

A MH370 expert who has dedicated his life to tracking down the missing aeroplane found an intriguing note he claims is from a passenger washed up on a beach.

Blaine Gibson decided to investigate the Malaysian Airlines plane after becoming perplexed by its disapearance.

The retired lawyer started searching beaches and, after trips to countless coastlines between the plane's starting point in Kuala Lumpur and its intended destination in Beijing, he struck lucky.

On the first day of scouring the shore of Madagascar he found several items and a message.

As well as a few backpacks and purses, all empty, Blaine found a baseball cap with a note scrawled inside.

According to the Express , It read: “To whom it may concern. My dear friend, meet me at the guesthouse later.”

It is not clear who the message is from or who it was intended for.

Despite having found a third of all of the MH370 debris retrieved since it went missing on March 8, 2014, the American investigator is not loved in all quarters.

According to pilot turned writer William Langewiesche, Blaine started getting death threats when he found his first piece of the aircraft three years ago.

Mr Langewiesche wrote on the Atlantic: “One message said that either he would stop looking for debris or he would leave Madagascar in a coffin.

"Another warned he would die of polonium poisoning.

“He has been traumatised.”

In a bid to keep a low profile Blaine doesn't disclose his location or travel plans and regularly changes Sim card.

The official attempt to find the missing aeroplane became the most costly in aviation history.

An underwater search of a stretch of ocean 1,200 miles west of Perth alone cost £33.1 million.

After a three-year search across 120,000 square kilometres (46,000 sq mi) of ocean failed to locate the aircraft, the Joint Agency Coordination Centre heading the operation suspended their activities in January 2017.

A second bid to find the plane was launched in January 2018 by private contractor Ocean Infinity but also ended without success after six months.

Source: Read Full Article