ONLINE casinos frequently allow you to double your deposit, regardless of whether you prefer to play jackpot games, live dealer games, table games, or card games.
If you're looking for an extra edge when playing your favorite casino games, casino bonuses, and bonus codes can be a great way to get more bang for your buck; they can be used to unlock additional bonuses, free spins, and other rewards that can help you maximize your winnings and enjoy your gaming experience even more.
The payout potential is not equal in every game. The kind of reward you earn will depend on both the game you choose and your skill. For example, you’ll have a greater chance at success in blackjack over slots, and much slimmer odds on the lottery and scratch cards. A wagering bonus can even vary depending on whether you’re playing on a desktop or mobile, or if you’re part of the site’s loyalty club.
In this list article, we review all the best UK player casino bonuses out there, giving you the top odds and lowest risk on every wager and bet, helping you to maximize your winning power at the lowest possible risk.
Best free spins bonuses for UK players
If you like slot games, these deposit bonus casinos will give you plenty of free spins on your favourite games.
- Mr Vegas
- Magic Red
- Voodoo Dreams
- Pink Casino
- 10bet Casino
- Griffon Casino
- Swift Casino
- Mr Play
- Voodoo Dreams
- The Vic
- Hotstreak Slots
How we ranked the most attractive UK casino bonus offers
Players who simply accept any bonus package or welcome offer that comes their way risk accepting unfair withdrawal restrictions or wagering conditions that are hard to reach. The main goal of any bonus is to turn it into real money that you can withdraw. You increase your chances of doing this in a few ways. Our job is to analyse multiple factors to determine if a bonus is worthwhile. Here’s how we rank bonuses:
- Free Spins or Free bets – Depending on the online casino or online sportsbook that you choose, the type of welcome offer, and all other bonuses will vary. The value of the package is entirely dependent on its contents. Count up everything that’s on offer, including bonus casino funds, free spins, free bets, or even the free cash on the table. Obviously, the bigger the sum total package, the better.
- Wagering requirements (WR) – Once you know exactly what you’re receiving, take a closer look at the fine print. If wagering requirements, also called wagering contributions, and your wagering contribution have a huge impact on your chances of turning a bonus into real cash funds. These dictate the number of times you need to churn, or turn over, your bonus cash, bonus spins, or bonus bet winnings before they can be withdrawn. If you don't meet these, it will render your bonus win amount non-withdrawable. Wagering requirements of 35x are the highest you should accept.
- Timeframes – Bonuses very rarely last indefinitely. Most of the time, the customer is given a couple of expiry dates. One date stipulates the time you have to activate or accept the bonus, and the other date dictates how long you have to use your bonus before it expires. The time offered should be long enough to allow you a fair shot at meeting the wagering requirements. Usually, a minimum of 14 days is standard.
- Game and bonus restrictions – Every bonus offer comes with a set of casino bonus conditions. As well as covering wagering requirements and time limits, they also include details on game restrictions like the max spin winnings amount, max bonus conversion, min dep, max lines, max bonus credit, the minimum value you must deposit to activate the bonus, and the casino games you’re permitted to play. For example, you receive max 70 free spins that can only be played on Book of Dead or Starburst, or your 70% deposit match bonus can’t be used for bonus bets on blackjack or roulette live table games.
What are the top casino welcome bonuses for UK players?
£100 bonus + 100 free spins on Book of Dead
18+ new players only. Minimum deposit: £20. Maximum £100 bonus. Max bet with an active bonus: £2. Wagering requirement 100% match bonus: 30 times the sum of the deposit + bonus. Max redeemable from the welcome bonus: £500.
Big fan of pixies, elves and fantasy in general? You’re going to love Duelz. The depositor will get 100% up to £100 and 100 max free spins to wager on slot machines like Book of Dead.* You’ll also be able to unlock treasures and spells along the way for even more rewards, like 10% cashback, daily promos and league cash prizes.
- Gamified gambling experience
- Weekly cashback on wagers
- Cash tournaments on offer
- You can’t bet on sports
- Wagering requirements are high
MrQ No deposit bonus
Get No Deposit Spins + 30 Free Spins on Your First Deposit with code THESUN35
18+ |First 5 spins: Players who have successfully completed age verification will be credited 5 Free Spins on Starburst 10p per spin, no deposit required, no wagering requirements. Subsequent 30 spins: Min deposit & spend £10. Max 30 spins on Starburst at 10p per spin. Spins credited upon spend of £10. Full T&Cs Apply.
MrQ is all about keeping things simple. You’ll get five free spins after registering and confirming that you are of legal gambling age with no deposit required. After your first deposit, you'll receive another 30 spins. All your winnings are uncapped and will be instantly added to your real cash balance. You’ll be able to collect even more wager-free spins on a regular basis – but MrQ doesn’t have a bonus cash offer.
- 0% wagering requirement on first deposit spins
- 10 wager-free spins for verifying mobile number
- Free Spins when you refer friends
- Limited selection of games
- No bonus cash casino promotions
HeySpin Casino Bonus
Get 100% bonus up to £25 + 25 extra spins
18+ New players only. Min. deposit: £20. 100 spins require 3 deposits. Min second and third deposit £20. Spins and bonus wagering x35. Spins expire after 24 hours. Full T&C apply.
HeySpin is an online casino and online sportsbook with a well-stocked promotions section. New casino players will get up to £25 bonus and 25 free spins. After your welcome offer you’ll also gain access to HeySpin’s rewards program, cashback deals, and boosted wins.
- Both a sportsbook and a casino
- No wagering requirements on Sports Welcome Free Bet
- Monthly cashback for players
- Free Spins must be used on specific slots
- Wagering requirements on casino bonus cash are set at 35x
Mr Vegas Casino
Mr Vegas Casino Bonus
100% up to £200 + 11 wager-free spins
18+ new players only. Min deposit £10. Maximum bonus £200. Any amount over £200 will not form part of the player’s first deposit. Wagering requirement 100% match bonus: 35 times sum of deposit + bonus. Terms and conditions apply.
- 11 deposit-free spins for verifying mobile number
- Fair wagering requirements
- Wheel of Vegas offers three exclusive jackpots
- Very busy site
Sun Vegas Casino
Sun Vegas Casino Bonus
100% Bonus up to £300 plus 20 free spins
18+. New customers only. Min deposit £10 (Accept bonus within 72hrs & within 30 days, wager deposit + bonus 50x on any slots). Bonus can’t be withdrawn. Max bet restrictions apply. Debit cards only. Offer Ends 31/05/2023. T&Cs apply. Begambleaware.org
- Bet on sports and casino
- Play games live with fellow Sun readers
- Earn loyalty points for every bet made
- Wagering requirement high
Get 150% up to £150
18+. New accounts only, min £10 deposit through debit card. Full terms and conditions apply.
- Access the best network promos
- Red Rewards tailors promos to your gameplay
- Free Spin giveaways on new games
- Very high wagering requirements of 50x
- Limited sports promos
Get 100% bonus up to £200 + 100 bonus spins
18+ New depositing players only. Min deposit £10. Wagering requirements apply 35x. 100 spins includes 3 deposit. Terms and conditions apply.
- Low deposit requirement
- Fair wagering conditions
- Regular promotions and tournaments
- 100 spins require three deposits
- No sports promos
100% up to £100 + 100 bonus spins
18+| Please play responsibly | www.begambleaware.org | T&C Apply
1st deposit only. Min deposit £10. Max bonus: £100. X40 wagering. Bonus Spins valid for selected games only. X40 wagering on bonus spins winnings. Expire within 24 Hours. User Agreement & Bonus T&C apply.
- Fully focused on slots and live casino
- Site is easy to navigate
- Slots from top providers
- High wagering requirements
- Smaller range of promos and offers
Deposit and get up to 200 bonus spins
18+. New customers only. Minimum deposit and max bonus apply. Bonus is playable on selected games only. Wagering requirements apply. Full terms and conditions apply.
- Welcome offer doled out in three batches
- Mobile first casino
- Bonus Spins available on top slots
- No sports markets to bet on
- Casino welcome bonus only valid for 72 hours
Quick facts about casino bonuses for UK players
If you’re looking for bonus statistics, here are some industry averages to use as a comparison:
- The average casino bonus is worth £100.
- The average wagering requirements for a casino bonus are set at 35x.
- The average maximum payout for a casino bonus is £500.
- The average min deposit for a casino bonus is £20.
- The average playthrough (wagering requirement) for a no deposit offer is 60x.
- Most maximum withdrawal requests for no-deposit bonuses are £ 100.
- The average expiration time for a no-deposit bonus is 7 days.
- The average expiration time for a deposit bonus is 30 days.
- The average reload bonus is worth 50%, up to £200.
- The average cashback bonus is worth 10%, up to £100.
Most popular UK casino bonuses in 2023
Bonuses come in many shapes and sizes, and they almost always come with wagering requirements. These are triggered at different points in your relationship with an online casino or online bookmaker. Here are some of the most popular UK bonuses around.
When signing up to an online casino or bookmaker, bonus money can be a great incentive, with many casino sites offering generous welcome bonuses, free spins, no-deposit bonuses, and cashback offers, as well as other promotional offers, so you can take advantage of bonus money to get the most out of your gaming experience. If you refer-a-friend to an online casino or bookmaker, you can often receive a bonus such as a free bet or bonus cash.
Understanding the casino bonus terms is essential for any online gambler, as it can help them to maximize their chances of winning by understanding the wagering requirements, maximum cashout limits, and other restrictions associated with the bonus.
Most welcome bonuses can be used for whatever you enjoy playing in the casino, so feel free to spend them on poker, video poker, baccarat, slots, jackpot slots, bingo, craps, or whatever else you enjoy. Your options are numerous.
Your first deposit is generally rewarded and enhanced by a welcome offer. Of course, these are always optional. However, most online casinos also award players additional boosts on their second and third deposits too. Once these are exhausted, you can still expect a range of reload bonuses to come your way. These are usually a deposit match or boost of bonus cash, allowing you to get more out of your deposit.
Check out the best reload bonus casinos
Exclusive casino bonuses for British players
Casinos rarely only service bettors from a single country. Most of the time, they allow players from all around the world to register and play. Casinos must adhere to country restrictions, as each has its own gambling regulations. Bonuses are rarely one size fits all. Casinos will build promos and offers specifically for UK players. These are generally tailored around British customer preferences, including sports, slot providers, and spins vs bonus cash, or both.
No deposit casino bonuses
No deposit casino bonuses are rarer than regular welcome bonuses. These award new players the option to acquire bonus cash, free spins or anything else before even making a single deposit. The thing you should know about no-deposit casino bonuses is that they’re usually much smaller than the welcome offer, and the wagering requirements are higher. Even if your bonus translated into a win, you’ll eventually have to deposit anyway in order to play through the bonus win and turn it into cash.
Wild West Wins
20 free spins no deposit
New players only, no deposit required, valid debit card verification required, 65x wagering requirements, max bonus conversion to real funds equal to £50, T&Cs apply.
Free spins casino offers for players in the UK
UK players usually get free spins, bonus cash or both. Free Spins are a fantastic, risk-free way to experience a slot game. However, as with everything else in life, free doesn’t actually mean ‘free’. You’ll either have to make a qualifying deposit to unlock your free spins, or they’ll come attached to wagering requirements. In some cases, both a deposit and a wagering rollover are required. Free spins are easy to collect on a regular basis from your casino’s promo section, or as an automatic bonus amount applied to your account. Once the bonus amount has been applied to your account, it is important to note that the bonus is cashable, meaning that you can withdraw the bonus funds as real money after meeting the wagering requirements set by the casino.
Deposit bonuses are simply a way to raise the value of your deposit by tacking on some bonus cash. These are usually calculated in percentages of 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100%. For example, a 100% deposit bonus means that if you deposit £30, you’ll get another £30 in bonus cash on top. A 50% bonus means that if you deposit £30, you'll get another £15 in bonus cash on top. Your bonus cash comes with wagering requirements. These can be as low as 5x, but they usually come in at about 35x. We don’t recommend accepting wagering requirements higher than this.
Higher match bonuses of 200% and 300% are not as common at legally run and licensed casinos in the UK. It goes without saying that you should steer clear when you see wagering bonuses that seem too good to be true. Look for a casino site with clearly outlined wagering requirements and a UKGC licence, if possible.
Casino bonuses for British high rollers
If you’re more of a high roller than a recreational player, then small £50 bonuses and a handful of free spins are unlikely to hit the spot. Instead, most quality casinos will devise large batch deposit offers, specially designed for newcomers and regulars who prefer playing with big cash stakes. These offers generally cater towards large deposits of well over £100, usually £500 or even £1,000. The free spins that come attached are also boosted in value. Whereas usually, each game round is worth 1p coin size, 10p or 20p, high roller spins carry a value of about £1 per spin. Naturally, the rewards for getting every required fruit symbol on the line are much higher.
Best live casino bonuses
Live casino or live dealer games are a hugely popular addition to the standard online casino space. They allow people to get a real, in-person casino experience by connecting with live dealers from home or on the go. Because they’re so inherently different, live casino bonuses are completely separate to regular bonuses. These give you the chance to win real cash every time you get blackjack, or unlock real cash wagers on specific games. As a general rule, casinos that host live games from Evolution Gaming come with the best live casino bonuses.
Mobile casino bonus offers for players on the go
Many new online casinos come with a mobile app, with software for both iOS and Android, that works alongside the website. Operators will frequently incentivise players to download the app and register by sms verification, by offering special bonuses. These can range from deposit bonuses that can only be accessed through the app, to real cash or free spins just to say thanks.
Often, a mobile casino app will have a completely different set of bonuses, specially designed for gamblers on the go, or those who simply prefer playing on a mobile device. SMS validation can also be used as part of two-factor authentication, to make sure that it's really you claiming the bonus on your behalf.
Take a look at our complete betting apps guide for more offers!
How to get the free spins casino bonus
- Choose your favorite casino or sportsbook. Before keying in that bonus code, you need to find the perfect place to play. We recommend some great gambling sites in this blog post, but if you're looking for a new place to play, make sure you do your research and find the site with the best casino bonus, game availability, conversion chances, e-wallets, and so on.
- Sign up, register your account, and add a payment method. Once you’re happy with your choice, create an account so you can make e-wallet or debit card deposits. It's not allowed to make gambling deposits using a credit card in the UK. Registration should only take a couple of minutes.
- Claim your no-deposit bonus – This isn’t always available, but if it is, be sure to claim it and bet it before making your first deposit. It’s a payout-free roll and you have nothing to lose!
- Claim your bonus – Before you choose from the payment methods and make your first deposit, be sure to check back on the bonus policy terms, offer duration, bonus wagering, and the eligibility requirements for the bonus. You might be asked to use code 'xyz' for example or to simply opt-in.
- Make your first deposit. Visit the cashier to fund your account with a variety from a variety of deposit types. These can be debit card payments, VISA, Mastercard, e-wallets, PayPal, deposit only Paysafecard, prepaid cards, Neteller, Skrill, etc. Read the terms and conditions for any relevant card restrictions that might apply to you.
- Check out the promo page regularly. Most casinos have a promo page that houses all bonus offers and their player restrictions, game contributions, max win, max bet, and so on. Once you find a promotion that's the right fit, simply follow the qualification instructions to activate the offer.
Note to punters: To avoid any bonus withdrawal issue with bookmakers and casinos, you'll be asked to provide proof of i.d. before you can transfer funds to your bank account. This includes your full name, address, account currency, and all the rest. Always check withdrawal terms before signing up for a casino.
Tips on how to get the most out of your casino bonus
With any bonus, your strategy should be to maximize payouts, make the most of the bonus features and find a way around every restriction. Our review recommends some top bonus casinos, but here's some information to keep in mind:
- Do some basic mathematics. Don’t accept the max bonus. If the top offer is £200, find out what the minimum payout is on each bonus, and choose a value that falls in between. This will give you a greater chance of meeting the rollover requirement.
- Pay attention to game weighting requirements. Game weighting refers to the percentage of a wager that counts towards the wagering rollover, with slots usually counting at 100%, while table games may have lower weighting requirements of 50% or even 10%. You won't be able to make any withdrawals from bonus funds until you've wagered them enough times.
- Look out for wager-free spins. Sometimes you can collect free spins winnings with zero wagering requirements. These have great bonus value because if you win on these, they can help you to build up your balance and turn over the bonus cash.
- Look out for variance. Before you choose a slot to play your bonus cash on, do a little research. All slot reviews (and many casino reviews) will tell you if the game is low, medium, or high variance. For the purposes of meeting wagering requirements, it’s best to stick to med and low variance slots as these will generate smaller, yet more frequent, wins.
- Play smart. Always gamble responsibly and don't abuse bonuses, so the experience remains fun. A reputable casino will also run affordability checks. You should never assume your stake will win, and absolutely never risk more cash than you can afford. If you succeed in a positive result with your bonus, remember that you got lucky, and don’t assume you’ll get the same result twice!
New player vs existing player bonuses compared
We’re going to come right out and say it. A welcome bonus made for brand-new depositors is always going to be the best matchup bonus you get during your time on the site. But that doesn’t mean you should hop from site to site, making new accounts in pursuit of welcome offers. Since welcome offers can't be used in conjunction with any other offers, there’s still plenty of value to be had by sticking around. In fact, some might argue that loyalty pays far more in the long run. While new players scoop up the largest bonus bundle, loyal members get to take advantage of their loyalty based on their lifetime deposits. There's always something to play for, like reload bonuses, gifted cash and bonus cash, wager-free spins, and deposit matches. On top of all that, you’ll usually also collect a birthday bonus, and amass VIP points over time. The latter can be converted into real cash, bonus cash, or spins.
Take a look at our guide to betting offers for existing customers for more details!
Why we like online casino bonuses
If you read through this entire blog, you’re already aware that casino bonuses are the best way to get your cash deposits to stretch. Whether it's a match bonus, a 1st deposit offer, or a registration bonus, you’ll get more to play with, allowing you the opportunity to try more games. Free spins are often linked to top casino slots like Starburst, Big Bass Bonanza, Double Bubble, Big Boom Riches, Big Bass Splash, and Monopoly Paradise Mansion. So long as you choose a fair bonus, with reasonable wagering requirements, you’ll have a reasonably good chance of turning over the offer or spin winnings and transforming them into real, withdrawable cash.
Casino bonuses add to the fun, boosting your bonus funds and transforming your deposit into an entertainment package worth getting excited about. Furthermore, you get more time to play games from top game providers such as Microgaming, NetEnt, Play'n GO, and many others. Bonus wins are always on the menu, just keep an eye on the deposit amount, spin value, bonus terms, and wager requirements before entering the promo codes.
If you are reading this from Ireland then check out the best casino bonuses for Irish players.
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry, or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.
Most read in Betting
Chelsea vs Newcastle betting preview: Odds and predictions
Leeds vs Tottenham betting preview: odds and predictions
Fast withdrawal casinos: Best instant withdrawal casinos in the UK
Best online casinos in the UK: Top 10 casino sites for 2023
Source: Read Full Article