IF you need to upgrade your microwave, the Black Friday sale is an ideal time to pick up a new one .
The handy kitchen essential is useful for everything from reheating meals to defrosting food, and prices can vary from under £50 for a budget option to well over £500 for a state of the art microwave oven – so finding a great deal can save you lots of cash.
*We may earn revenue if you click the links below and buy the products but we never let this affect our recommendations. Remember, to shop around on Black Friday to make sure you're getting the best price.
- Shop microwaves at Amazon – buy here
- Shop microwaves at John Lewis – buy here
- Shop microwaves at AO – buy here
Pre-Black Friday microwave deals
- RUSSELL HOBBS RHM2076B Solo Microwave – Black, £74.99 from Currys PC World – buy here
- PANASONIC NN-ST46KBBPQ Solo Microwave – Black, £149.99 from Currys PC World – buy here
- Panasonic NN-CD87KSBPQ 34 Litre Combination Microwave Oven – Stainless Steel, £309 from AO – buy here
- Swan Retro SM22030GRN 20 Litre Microwave – Grey, £80 from AO – buy here
- Hotpoint Ultimate Collection MWH2621MB 25 Litre Microwave – Black, £129 from AO – buy here
- Russell Hobbs RHM1731 Inspire 17L Microwave Oven – White, £62.97 from Appliances Direct – buy here
- SHARP YC-MS01U-B 800W Solo Microwave Oven with 20L Capacity, £58.99 from Amazon – buy here
- Samsung MS23F301TAS – Solo Microwave Oven in Silver Tact, £89 from Amazon – buy here
What Black Friday 2021 microwave deals should I look out for?
Consumers will generally be able to find a range of deals on microwaves in the Black Friday sale.
Depending on your budget you might opt for Samsung's hi-tech 'smart' microwave ovens or want to pick up a stylish Swan budget option, in any case start your research ahead of November.
You can also give our best microwaves to buy in 2021 guide a read to help you decide on the best option for you.
Where possible start to bookmark key models you like and track the pricing at key retailers, that way you'll be able to really tell whether the savings come Black Friday are really worth it.
Websites like PriceSpy, PriceHistory and CamelCamelCamel will also give you historical data on prices so you can see how much you should pay.
What retailers offer Black Friday microwave deals?
Last year a huge variety of retailers offered price cuts on microwaves and other popular home appliances.
It's worth having a good hunt around the web in the weeks leading up to Black Friday to find the best deals as many retailers start discounting goods a couple of weeks ahead of time.
We'll be updating this page with all the great offers we see, but here is a list of a few stores worth keeping an eye on for deals during November:
- Appliances Direct
- John Lewis
If you're looking for extra savings during the Black Friday sale, you might also want to check out Sun Vouchers.
On the Sun Vouchers website you'll find all the latest discount code and voucher offers for hundreds of high street and online retailers.
More Black Friday Appliance Deals
Take a look at some of the other Black Friday deals we’ve found around the web
- Fridge freezer Black Friday deals
- Black Friday washing machine deals
- Coffee machine Black Friday deals
- Air Fryer Black Friday deals
- Dishwasher Black Friday deals
- Vacuum cleaners Black Friday deals
- Dehumidifier Black Friday deals
- Black Friday Kitchenaid deals
- Kettle Black Friday deals
- Blender Black Friday deals
When is Black Friday 2021?
Black Friday always falls on the Friday following the American celebration of Thanksgiving, which takes place on the fourth Thursday in November.
This year the big day falls on November 26.
You can get ahead of the rush by researching deals and sales from brands you love ahead of time.
Many shops now start offering early deals from the start of November, and continue the discounts right through to Cyber Monday.
When is Cyber Monday 2021?
Cyber Monday falls on November 29 and offers online only savings for shoppers.
Deals typically last from Black Friday through the weekend, ending at midnight on Cyber Monday.
It's worth checking offers on the final day of reductions as some retailers choose to launch new and exclusive offers to entice bargain-hunters after the weekend.
Best Black Friday microwave deals last year?
There's a big range of retailers participating in Black Friday that happen to stock microwaves from brands like Smeg, Panasonic, Kenwood and Russell Hobbs.
From Currys and AO to Amazon and John Lewis, here are some of the hottest deals that featured in the Black Friday 2020 sale.
- Sharp R860SLM 25-Litre, 900W Flat Tray Combi Microwave – £109.99 (save £35), from Very
- Samsung MS23F301TFK/EU 23 Litre Solo Microwave – £89.99 (save £40), from Very
- John Lewis & Partners JLBICO432 Built-In Combination Microwave Oven – £589 (save £60), from John Lewis
- Kenwood K30GMS18 Compact Microwave with Grill – £99 (save £100), from Currys
- Hotpoint Ultimate Collection MWH2621MB 25 Litre Microwave – £115 (save £54), from AO
- Beko MGI25332BG Built In Microwave With Grill – £209 (save £60), from AO
Is Black Friday a good time to buy a microwave?
If you need a new microwave, waiting until Black Friday 2021 and seeing what discounts you can get is absolutely worth doing.
Savings generally vary between 20-50% off, but you can sometimes get even bigger savings if you're quick enough to spot them in time.
Resist the temptation to make impulse buys, and make a note of prices on the model you're after well before the big day so you can better judge the discounts on the day.
How much is a microwave?
How to clean a microwave
The easiest way to clean a microwave is by following these 7 easy steps:
- Fill a microwave-safe dish with water to about halfway.
- Cut a lemon in half.
- Place the lemon in the bowl after squeezing half of it into it.
- Place the bowl in the microwave.
- Run the microwave for 5 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave with care.
- Using a paper towel or a microfiber cloth, wipe the surface clean.
Can you put glass in the microwave?
As a general rule, glass cookware is microwave safe, whereas glass cups and mugs are usually not suitable to be used in the microwave. When it comes to glass items, make sure to always check for the "Microwave Safe" or "Not for Use in Microwaves" labels – these are usually found at the back of dishes and cookware, or at the bottom of cups, mugs and glasses.
Are microwaves dangerous?
Microwave-heated food is perfectly safe to eat. Microwave ovens, unlike other higher-radiating radiofrequency, operate at a frequency that is not hazardous.
As a measure of precaution, if the door on the microwave oven does not close tightly or is twisted, deformed, or otherwise damaged, do not use it. Also, try not to stand directly in front of the microwave for lengthy periods of time to avoid any injuries in case of malfunction.
Questions about Black Friday? We've got a comprehensive guide to everything you need to know about this year's Black Friday sale.
For more product roundups including the best washing machines for 2021 head over to our Sun Selects hub.
Source: Read Full Article