Kevin Spacey put on a brave face as he arrived at court for the start of a sexual assault trial in London.
The former House of Cards actor is set to stand trial on Wednesday facing 12 charges including sexual assault and indecent assault against four men between 2001 and 2013.
He previously denied all charges.
Spacey, 63, was seen walking into Southwark Crown Court on Wednesday morning and smiled and waved at onlookers. Dressed smartly in a suit, he appeared to be flanked by members of his legal team.
He greeted the group of photographers after stepping out of the car and said ‘morning’ before heading inside.
In January, the Oscar-winning actor pleaded not guilty to three counts of indecent assault, three counts of sexual assault and one count of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent.
The Usual Suspects actor also previously denied four further charges of sexual assault and one count of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.
Earlier in June at an initial court hearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court, Spacey’s lawyer, Patrick Gibbs QC, said his client ‘strenuously denies any and all criminality in this case’.
Mr Gibbs said the defendant returned to the UK ‘to establish his innocence’ and ‘proceed with his life’.
Spacey became a prominent actor in the 1990s when he starred in hit films such as The Usual Suspects, Se7en and American Beauty. He went on to enjoyed continued success on the small screen with his role as US President Frank Underwood in Netflix drama series House of Cards.
He has amassed a string of accolades over the years, including winning two Oscars, a Bafta, Tony and Golden Globe while also receiving multiple Emmy nominations.
The actor has been granted unconditional bail.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article