The Who guitarist Pete Townshend has hinted that the legendary rock band plans to perform at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival next year.
Townshend hinted about the band’s touring plans for 2020 in a video posted on Instagram last week in which he discussed the three concerts the band had to postpone because of frontman Roger Daltrey losing his voice.
“We’re doing the New Orleans Jazz Festival, I believe, and we’ll probably come straight in to Dallas and Houston, and up to Denver to replace those shows,” Townshend said.
Townshend expects the shows to take place in April or May. He also reveals that Daltrey had come down with a case of bronchitis and added that the singer “is getting better already.”
The Who had postponed their concerts in Dallas and Denver after Daltrey faced a problem with his voice. The rock band had to cut short their concert at Houston’s Toyota Center on Wednesday, September 25, after only eight songs after Daltrey lost his voice.
“I think I should quit while I’m ahead,” Daltrey said and walked offstage.
Meanwhile, The Who are set to release their first new album in 13 years, titled Who, on November 22. A new single, “Ball And Chain,” has been dropped on streaming services.
Source: Read Full Article