Lorraine Kelly slams Prince Harry for missing Philips memorial: Hell regret this

Scottish breakfast TV host Lorraine Kelly has slammed Prince Harry over his refusal to attend Prince Philip ’s memorial service on Tuesday saying that he will “regret” his decision when he looks back.

Harry — who lives on a £10 million Californian estate with wife Meghan Markle — decided not to return to the UK and appear at the service held at Westminster Abbey on Tuesday March 29 due to his ongoing row over police protection.

Lorraine revealed that she was surprised at the 37 year old’s decision not to fly home and pay his respects. She added that she thinks the royal will think differently about missing out on his grandfather's service when he looks back in the future.

“I must admit, up until the very, very last minute I thought, do you know what – Prince Harry will just come over," she said. "I think he's really going to regret this,” the host added.

She also mocked Harry's explanation that he believes he, Meghan and their children, Archie, two and Lilibet, nine months, are not safe in the UK. “He's not going because he says he doesn't feel safe? For goodness’ sake, they're in Westminster Abbey.

“Can you imagine how many people are there looking after the Queen and everyone else. It just seems a shame," she exclaimed.


Fellow ITV presenter Richard Madeley of Good Morning Britain also gave his opinion on Prince Harry’s absence from his Prince Philip’s memorial service this week, saying: “What is he playing at?”

The Duke of Sussex is suing the Home Office over their decision not to provide him with police protection when he is in the UK, despite his offer to foot the bill. Harry was was stripped of this high level of security when he and wife Meghan stepped down as senior royals in January 2020.

Prince Harry’s lawyers made clear earlier this year that without the armed protection of police officers, the Duke and Duchess did not feel safe and they did not deem private security sufficient.

Sign up to OK!'s Royal Family newsletter for the latest stories, pictures and features

Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the latest gossip straight to your phone

Prince Harry's decision has left numerous Royal experts – including Richard Griffin, who acted as his royal protection officer for 14 years – unimpressed.

“[Harry not being here] was a big disappointment for everybody. People were talking about it. Certainly around where I was people were saying he should have been here,” Mr Griffin told the Daily Mail.

"All this nonsense about how he couldn't get protection, as far as I'm concerned that was a pathetic excuse. He should've been here to honour his grandfather.

“At the end of the day, if he was that worried about security, he could've stuck with his brother and father who have got wonderful security and he would have been more than safe.”

Prince Harry’s last appearance in the UK was in July of last year when he briefly returned to unveil a memorial statue of his mother Princess Diana alongside his brother Prince William on what would have been Princess Diana's 60th birthday.

While the Duke has not confirmed any plans to visit the UK anytime soon, he is expected in the Netherlands in a fortnight's time where he will attend the Invictus Games.

For all the latest royal news, sign up to OK!'s brand new Royal newsletter .

Source: Read Full Article