Harrys attack on William is final nail in the coffin in trying to heal rift

Harry’s attack onPrince William is the "final nail in the coffin" for healing the rift between the brothers anytime soon, aroyal expert claimed.

Katie Nicholl, speaking exclusively to OK!, said the Prince of Wales, 40, was “absolutely apoplectic” and felt “deeply betrayed” by the Duke of Sussex’s comments in the Harry & MeghanNetflix documentary.

During the latest instalment of the show, released on Thursday 15 December morning, Harry claimed brother William"screamed and shouted" at him during a meeting about his and Meghan's future.

Harry, 38, also allegedKing Charles, 74, said “things that just simply weren't true” during discussions over the couple’s request for “half in, half out” roles in The Firm.

Ms Nicholl, Vanity Fair’s royal correspondent, told OK! it was “pretty shocking” to watch the Duke attack his brother in such a public way.

The author, who penned The New Royals, added: “I think really he has put the final nail in the coffin in terms of trying to heal this rift anytime in the near future.

“I know from sources close to the Prince of Wales that he is absolutely apoplectic about what Harry has done and feels deeply betrayed, very hurt and very angry.”

Ms Nicholl went on to reveal there is currently no contact between the brothers.

In the Netflix series, Harry described the now infamous 'Sandringham Summit' – and discussed the "heartbreaking" rift with his brother.

The Duke said: “It was terrifying to have my brother scream and shout at me and my father say things that just simply weren't true. And my grandmother, you know, quietly sit there and take it all in.”

He added: "I went in with the same proposal that we'd already made publicly, but once I got there I was given five options – one being all in, no change, five being all out.

“I chose option three in the meeting – half in, half out. Have our own jobs but also work in support of theQueen.

“It became very clear very quickly that goal was not up for discussion or debate.”

Harry went on to claim that Palace officials did not seek his permission to put out a joint statement denying claims William "bullied" the Sussexes out of the Royal Family.

He said: "I couldn't believe it. No one had asked me permission to put my name to a statement like that.

“[Meghan] burst into floods of tears, because within four hours they were happy to lie to protect my brother… and yet they were never willing to tell the truth to protect us.”

The final three episodes of Harry and Meghan’s Netflix documentary brought a new set ofbombshell revelations.

Meghan Markle, 41, told how it was thelate Queen and the then-Prince Charles who suggested she write to her father Thomas following their estrangement. The letter was later leaked to a national newspaper.

Harry said he believed the stress caused by the leaked letter led toMeghan suffering a devastating miscarriage.

The latest episodes, which conclude the Harry & Meghan docuseries, also featurepreviously unseen moments from their wedding along with atreasure trove of previously unseen videos and pictures chronicling their son Archie's first milestones.

READ NEXT:

  • Click here for today's top showbiz news

  • Royal expert spots ‘clue’ as to ‘real reason’ behind Harry and Meghan’s doc release

  • ‘Harry’s documentary has left Royals despairing and disappointed’, says royal expert

  • Prince Harry beams as he and Meghan take 'freedom flight' to California on private jet

  • For the latest royal news, sign up for OK!'s royal newsletter here

Source: Read Full Article